Sunday 23 May 2010

Joyful, Joyful...

(8) Joyful, joyful, Lord we adore thee.
God of glory, Lord of love.
Hearts unfold like flowers before thee,
Hail thee as the sun above... (8)

Oh, I am now beginning to love that song, it's awesome!

See, my choir, Greater Gwent Youth Choir, are collaboration with the Gospel Choir, and this is one of the pieces we are singing.
When the GGYC first saw this piece we were all quite scared, because this was not the sort of things we would usually do. We are mainly a very classical choir, and rarely step over the line into gospel music,  but we had to learn this along with an arrangement of Fix You by Coldplay, which is pretty lush!

Although, our rehearsal today was quite funny. One because the gospel choir had to sing two of our pieces, and two because of our attempt to sing their two songs!

Overall I did have a great day though, and I met a girl that I hadn't seen since I was about 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment